Why Another Blog?

Over the years I have had various experiences in working with people. Some humorous and some not so humorous. If you know me personally, you know I enjoy a good, clean joke. In fact, some will say that it 'sounds like a Raymond joke' when they hear a particular kind.
True humor to me, is that which happens unplanned and unrehearsed. I believe that has contributed to my sanity over the 56+ years of preaching and working with the brethren. To try and have a positive attitude in life, to retain the pleasant and good memories of years past helps one physically, emotionally, and mentally. We read in Proverbs 15:13, "A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance, but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken". Again in 17:22, "A merry heart does good, like medicine. But a broken spirit dries the bones".
I do "love life" (1 Peter 3:10). God is truly my "refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble" (Psalm 45:1). I enjoy an "abundant life" because of Jesus Christ, who gave His life for me (John 10:10). I hope you find the following remembrances enjoyable and entertaining.

20 September 2013

Reign or Rain?

It was during my second 'full-time' work as a preacher for a congregation in Garden City (Savannah), GA and during a ladies' weekly Bible class that I asked a simple question about the first king of the 10 northern tribes of Israel. Present and sitting on the front pew in the auditorium were our two small sons. They were busily engaged in playing with some toys when I asked the class, "How long did Jeroboam reign?" Without any hesitation, and before any of the ladies could answer, our oldest replied, "40 days and 40 nights". Of course, his answer caused all of us to enjoy an opportunity to laugh. To say the least, he knew what the Bible story said about it raining for a lengthy period of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments.